Who We Are
For over 35 years, HeatSource Mechanical has provided superior products, elite craftsmanship and stellar customer service to our Mat-Su Valley. We have been voted “Best of the Valley” by our customers since 2013!
We’ve been here, we are here, and we’ll be here - when you need us.
We are your local Lennox Premier Dealer, recommending Lennox forced air furnaces, the most efficient at 98%+ AFUE and quietest furnaces on the market, according to the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.
We recommend and install Weil-McLain boilers, Rinnai High Efficiency Space heaters and On Demand water heaters, Navien Tankless Water Heaters, Bradford White & AO Smith Water Heaters, and Modine Garage Heaters. We offer Indoor Air Quality Filtration Systems such as the Lennox PureAir High Efficiency Whole House Air Filtration System, whole home humidification and many other quality products and services that bring solutions for your whole home comfort.
If you have a heating system emergency, we are your most likely choice, to have what you need when you need it. We won’t leave you out in the cold!
We have answers to your questions, just call us today!
The HeatSource Mechanical Service Philosophy
When we are performing preventative maintenance, repair, or installation it is our RESPONSIBILITY to look for potential safety issues that may cause our client unexpected discomfort or breakdown of their appliance and inform them of their options and solutions.
Questions to ask potential HVAC companies you look to hire.
- Does someone in management possess a Mechanical Administrators license?
- Does the company have an “Inspection and Maintenance” process?
- Do they have a regular training schedule for Technicians?
- Are 50% or more of their Technicians certified by a third party?
- What is their pass/fail policy for inspections?
- Do they have a confidentiality policy?
Questions we ask in order to gain insight into the condition of a heating and hot water appliance.
1. How old are the appliances? (furnace, boiler, water heater, or HRV)
2. Have the appliances been maintained and inspected annually by a licensed heating contractor?
3. Have you had to perform any major repairs on your heating or hot water appliances in the last year?
We have an obligation to inform and educate our customers when their equipment is nearing the end of its useful life, therefore, HSM has developed the following standards based on several national agencies. (National Home Builders Assoc., U.S. Government Energy Star, Air Conditioning Contractors of America-ACCA, N.A.T.E).
The HeatSource Mechanical Inc.
repair vs. recommended replacement policy is as follows:
- Any equipment that cannot be repaired, could cause a potential injury to the customer, could cause loss of property, or if new equipment could improve efficiency or quality of life.
- Any gas forced air furnace more than ten (10) years due to wear and tear and loss of efficiency that requires over $500 in repairs.
- Any gas forced air furnace that is older than eight (8) years or that needs a repair of $550.00 or more.
- Any gas boiler that is more than twenty (20) years due to wear and tear and loss of efficiency requiring over $500 in repairs.
- Any gas boiler, exclude piping, pumps, valves, etc., more than fifteen (15) years or that needs a repair of $1200.00 or more.
- Any fuel oil forced air furnace and burner more than fifteen (15) years due to wear and tear that needs over $500 in repairs.
- Any fuel oil forced air furnace and burner more than ten (10) years or that needs a repair of $750.00 or more.
- Any fuel oil boiler that is twenty (20) years or more due to wear and tear and loss of efficiency that needs over $500 in repairs.
- Any fuel oil boiler and burner, exclude piping, pumps, valves, etc., more than fifteen (15) years or that needs a repair of $1500.00 or more.
- Any conventional tank water more than eight (8) years old that needs over $400 in repairs.