With temperatures skyrocketing and reaching an all-time high across the globe this summer, it’s extremely important for you and your family to stay cool and safe. Air conditioners work to provide cool, crisp air all throughout your home and leave you feeling refreshed and relieved while saving you from the scorching hot days in Alaska.
If you are considering investing in an air conditioner, the answer is always yes! Air conditioners really save lives and are able to maintain our body temperatures. As a result, this decreases our risk for any heat strokes, heat exhaustion, and any other illnesses.
So, how do air conditioners work? What are the different types? Which one is right for your home? AC units are becoming increasingly popular in Alaska, and our team is here to help. In this blog, we are going to provide you with an expert guide to choosing an air conditioner in Wasilla, Alaska.
Ready to beat the heat this summer? Contact our team.
How Do Air Conditioners Work?
Aside from providing cool air around your home, an air conditioner does so much more. Understanding the way an air conditioner works will help you identify which one is the best fit for you or your family.
Air conditioners have been around for quite some time, but the evolution and the way they are building them has only gotten better within the years. Even though they come in all different sorts of shapes and sizes, they all have the same objective and job, which is to circulate cool air running through your home efficiently and effectively.
Air conditioners are responsible for removing all the heat and humidity traveling in your home and to transfer all that heat into cool air to the inside of your house. You may see that standard air conditioners, also knowing as a cooling system, uses refrigerant. Refrigerant is a fluid that transfers to a gaseous state when in use with help from the compressor, the condenser coil, and the evaporator coil. That is why when you flip on the air conditioner, you experience cool air coming from either your vents or your AC unit.
What Are the Different Types of Air Conditioners?
There are many air conditioners on the market, but there are a variety of ones to choose from that suit you and the space in which you have in your home. Here are some of the different types of air conditioners:
- Central air conditioners – this air conditioner is best suited for people who own a house on the larger scale. You might be interested in purchasing a central air-cooling system to cool multiple rooms at once.
- Mini-split (ductless) air conditioners – if you’re looking for something more efficient and less bulky that cools off a portion of your home, this is the air conditioner for you.
- Window air conditioners – these air conditioners can come in different sizes depending on the window size you wish to mount it up on. These work great if you’re looking to just cool off a small area in a room or a single room.
- Portable air conditioners – similar to a window air conditioner, the portable air conditioners are also placed in a single unit. The different between a window AC versus a portable AC is that the portable air conditioner is freestanding, which allows you to move it around, controlling temperature regulation.
Looking for a more comfortable work or home environment? Give us a call.
How Do I Know Which One is Right for My Home?
This question all comes down to preference. There are so many variations of air conditioners nowadays that makes it easy for people to decipher which one best fits their needs. For example, do you want something more bulky or less noticeable? Do you want something that cools a single area in a house or are you looking for maximum cooling all throughout your home?
If you are still not sure on which air conditioner is right for you, HeatSource Mechanical is here to help you every step of the way. We want you to feel confident in the air conditioner you purchase. After all, air conditioners save lives and work to provide maximum comfort when we need it most.
HeatSource is your Lennox premier dealer. We recommend only the best products that get the job done fast and effectively. Check out some of the leading Lennox air conditioners on the market below:
- Merit Series 13ACX Single-Stage Air Conditioner: If you’re looking for a central air conditioner geared to last, then this is the product for you. This air conditioner can efficiently cool your home to your desired temperature and is very affordable.
- XC25 Variable-Capacity Air Conditioner: Part of the Dave Lennox Signature Collection, this air conditioner works to cool down your entire house while being extremely quiet – you won’t even know it’s running. This air conditioner comes equipped with up to 26.00 efficiencies, which means lowering your utility costs.
- MCA Mini-Split Air Conditioner: If you are interested in something a little less bulky and something that doesn’t take up too much space, then this mini-split air conditioner is just for you. This mini-split air conditioner is ideal for operating in smaller spaces such as sunrooms or add-on rooms throughout your home.
- LRP14AC Packaged Cooling System: this residential packaged cooling system is ideal if you live in warmer climate because it can provide all the cooling you need in a compacted system. This air conditioner also works to dehumidify air passing through the system from the condenser, providing maximum efficiency.
Cool Off This Summer with HeatSource Mechanical
The summer season is supposed to be a time of adventures, exploration, fun, relaxation, and creating memories. It becomes difficult when the temperatures have been the hottest they have ever been. It can even be more difficult after a day of fun to come home to a hot house with no way to cool off besides taking a cold shower. Wouldn’t you rather come home to a perfectly cool space where you can kick off your shoes and just relax on the couch and enjoy the comfort?
HeatSource Mechanical understands how important comfort and affordability is, and we want you to know that we are here to alleviate all of your stress and worry. We want you to be able enjoy the space you are in and, with investing in an air conditioner, you have made a step in the right direction. Air conditioners are only getting better and more efficient, so why waste any more time?
Our team is full of extremely helpful and experienced professionals who are here to make your life easier. We work to provide you with the most elite products out on the market, while also delivering exceptional customer service every time. HeatSource Mechanical also offers residential and commercial maintenance, repairs, and installations. If you need an air conditioner installed or think it may need to be looked at, we’ve got you covered.
Are you ready to experience cooling like no other? Schedule an appointment with us today!